At Merama we are on a path to becoming the best and largest online group of Latin American brands. We partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru) and fuel their hypergrowth by providing knowledge, capital, and technology. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, we focus on identifying the top few merchants in key categories and selectively partner with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded in 2020 by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We are backed by a world class team of individual & institutional investors and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
Merama is seeking a rockstar to set up and develop an end to end supply chain that will support our partner merchants on all internationalization and growth initiatives.
YOUR MISSION IS TO:
- Build Merama’s logistics outsourced + inhouse operations throughout Latin America, USA and China in a scalable and cost-efficient manner to support our brand’s internationalization initiatives.
- Understand the current state of our partner merchants’ individual supply chains and develop a short-mid-long term strategy to gradually transition into a consolidated supply chain that will deliver better cost, service and flexibility to the overall group.
- Build, develop and lead local warehouse and fulfillment teams.
- Forge alliances with major logistics service providers (carriers, forwarders, customs brokers, 3PL’s, 4PL’s, last mile, landlords, developers, etc)
- Implement best procurement practices to achieve the most competitive and flexible transport, clearance, storage and distribution terms.
- Design, build, lead and develop a world class logistics team.
- Define and implement performance measurement and reporting standards for the team and for the operation.
- Develop logistics intelligence capabilities to provide our merchants visibility and actionable data.
YOU WILL BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU:
- Have 10+ years of end to end supply chain experience preferably in Latin America intercontinental import flows
- Have outstanding leadership skills
- Developed and maintained relationships with various key strategic logistics partners such as warehouse providers, sea/air/overland transportation companies, and last mile carriers
- Have experience or expertise in warehouse solution design and implementation
- Experience with warehouse process optimization from receiving, systems, pick & pack, outbound, reverse logistics
- Deep understanding of both e-commerce and retail logistics operations (first mile, warehousing, last mile)
- Experience in implementing and operating WMS, TMS and other logistics software such as SAP, Oracle, or other in house solutions
- Have logistics service procurement experience
LET´S DEFITELY TALK IF YOU :
- Are passionate about logistics and e-commerce
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
- Want to build something massive!
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum – Portuguese a plus
- Location: Home office anywhere in USA, Latin America, Brazil
- Availability for travelling
If interested, send your resume to: email@example.com
For additional information please visit: Merama.io | Instagram: @merama.io | LinkedIn