Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands in Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and fuel hypergrowth with our team, capital, and technology. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, we are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 8 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The International Expansion team is responsible for creating strategic thinking that fuels the expansion for our top sellers. We are experts in managing international expansion for our brands across markets using our team’s key network and expertise to execute quickly. The team is as strategic as it is creative to solve problems. We thrive on ambition, open-mind and collaboration – within the team and across departments.
Role for You
If you are curious, analytical, like the challenges of a very dynamic routine and want to make it happen with us, this place is for you!
- Develop quantitative thinking and analysis to understand potential business internationalization
- Define business strategy to expand our merchants to other countries
- Provide market research and competition for different product categories
- Work with both local and international teams to manage strategy and operation
- Able to organize and manage merchants data and information controlling sales results and bringing opportunities for improvement
- Create and maintain documentation such as infrastructure design specifications and diagrams, operational guides and methodology documentation.
You have these:
- Have 1-4 years experience in strategy consulting, management consulting or strategy projects
- Hands on experience and owner attitude
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, with people of all levels of seniority
- Self motivated and independent
- Fluent English (Spanish is a plus)
- Cross border or international trading experience will be considered a plus
We’d love if you also had these:
● Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
● Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
● Are focused on the good of the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!