Head of Compliance
Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 7 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The Legal team (including you) is responsible to serve other Merama’s areas as internal clients, to cover general corporate and transactional legal matters. We are a lean and agile legal team focused on how to solve challenges for Merama and help Merchants have a professional and legal compliance. We collaborate with a broad range of external counsel but we strive to have do as much as possible in-house to keep an efficient and reliable legal team.
Role for You
You are solutions-oriented, bilingual professional with strong compliance background who can implement and track compliance policies in the areas of anti money laundering and data protection.
- Consolidating a legal compliance program across Merama
- Managing legal and fiscal information
- Detecting and addressing compliance risks
- Keeping track of legal and tax compliance.
- Assist in preparing and implementing legal compliance policies.
- Coordinating external counsel both in Mexico and Latin-America.
You have these:
- Prior compliance positions in finance or e-commerce sectors.
- Compliance related certificates / specific studies.
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum
- Basic understanding of IP / Trademarks.
We’d love if you also had these:
- Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
- Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!
If interested, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information please visit: Merama.io | Instagram: @merama.io | LinkedIn