Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 6 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The data & tech team is responsible for the services, software and tools that contain the business data. We’re developing and implementing a suite of tools to boost the pillars of the company and leverage the business by helping them to make data-driven decisions. We are a technical and analytical team of engineers, analysts and scientists that are passionate about data. We believe in creating self-service software with robust microservice architecture to help drive the business in the most effective and innovative way within a business minded framework for analytics.
Role for You
You are passionate about data and have a software as a service mindset, you enjoy creating new solutions from scratch and be a part of the whole development process. As we’re starting this journey, this is a multi-role player, which means you will work as a data engineer, data analyst or data scientist as we need it. Maybe you’re not a specialist in all domains but you want to play in each domain and challenge yourself in a team framework. You are structured, organized and have great people skills.
- To be a team player.
- Understand business requirements that need data and cover them into solutions.
- Design and maintain our data pipelines, ETLs and other data tools.
- Support data-driven discussions within your squad and chapter.
- Develop end-to-end data analytics solutions.
- Ensure that all technical solutions are aligned with business strategy and understand OKRs and initiatives related to the product.
- Transform and load data to Data Lake, Data Warehouse, both our own and our partners.
- Create and maintain documentation such as infrastructure design specifications and diagrams, operational guides and methodology documentation.
- Work closely with data scientists, business analysts and other engineers to improve our analytics-ready data layer.
You have these:
- Have 2+ years experience as a data engineer or related experience.
- Skill in developing and implementing ETL and data pipelines in a cloud-based environment.
- Fluent in Python, R or Scala.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Have worked on AWS, GCP or Azure infrastructure.
- Familiar with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Metabase, etc.
- Comfortable working inside a multidisciplinary squad with tech and non-tech resources.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data solutions.
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum – Portuguese is a plus
We’d love if you also had these:
- Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
● Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
● Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!
If interested, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information please visit: Merama.io | Instagram: @merama.io | LinkedIn