Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 6 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The Growth team in Merama (including you) is responsible for promote and develop growth strategies for our partners. We identify areas of opportunity in different edges and look for growth mechanisms, one of them is the development of new and existing channels. We are a team passionate about being leaders in the great performance of our products and our brands in the different digital sales channels where we have a presence, in addition to always looking for improvement alternatives that cause growth in our sales and competitiveness in the market
Role for You
You are passionate about establishing new processes and new business relationships with different sales channels, great communication and analysis skills to bring a brand to the top of sales. You are structured, organized and have great people skills. Your success will be based on your intimate knowledge of the elements that each channel manages, your ability to diagnose problems and develop action plans
- Launch, manage & expand and drive for different marketplaces
- Develop and organize all the activities required for the onboarding of new channels (technology integration / inventories / catalogs / seller central settings / price validation – promotions / new processes / supply chain / last mile )
- Partner with internal and external teams to develop a go-to-market strategy and facilitate successful, impactful product launches and other market expansion.
- Process assurance, monitor and analyze product performance, promotion, rankings, ratings and customer reviews
- Identify business opportunities, analyze competitors’ categories & products to understand the next trends, growth categories, promotional calendars, products and services to generate business strategies – operational in the different channels
- Understanding of market and channel dynamics to solve high-impact problems together with channel teams and our partners.
- Analyze indicators / metrics to explain sales variations and maintain or accelerate the growth of marketplaces
- Create and maintain documentation such as specifications, process diagrams and conditions for channel launch and development
- Create & analyze performance analysis: Tracking, reporting, and measuring metrics/KPI’s to explain sales variations and maintain or accelerate the growth of marketplaces
- Prepare weekly and monthly business performance updates, identifying trends and assortment management opportunities
You have these:
- 3+ years of e-commerce experience, preferably working within a marketplace ecosystem (eg. Walmart / Coppel / Liverpool / Rappi / Cornershop / Amazon / MercadoLibre / Others)
- 3+ years of experience in product management, marketing, or an analytical function, preferably at a startup or other fast-paced environment.
- Management of the marketplace administrative or onboarding process
- Ability to dig through data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Skills: Analytical, proactive, focus on results, effective communication, teamwork
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (bulk updates, etc.) / Strongly numerate and comfortable manipulating large data sets
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines and prioritize work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
- A highly analytical self-starter who can manage multiple projects and figure out complex problems without a lot of oversight
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum
- Preferably having experience operating marketplaces platforms such as Mirakl
We’d love if you also had these:
- Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
- Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive