Technical Lead, Tech
Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands in Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 6 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD, and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The Data & Tech team is responsible for the services, software and tools that contain the business data. We create a suite of tools to boost the pillars of the company and help them take data driven decisions. We are a technical and analytical team of engineers and scientist that are passionate about data, we believe in creating self-service software with a robust microservice architecture to help drive the business in the most effective and innovative way.
Role for You
You are passionate about data and have a software as a service mindset, you enjoy creating new software from scratch and lead a team of expert engineers in all the software development process. You are structure, organized and great people skills.
- You’ll be the technical representative of the product.
- Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks.
- Ensure compliance with established architecture, design patterns, policies, standards and best practices.
- Ensure that all technical solutions are aligned with business strategy and understand OKRs and initiatives related to the product.
- Help the software engineers understand the product and tasks, and ensure deliverability.
- Create and maintain documentation such as infrastructure design specifications and diagrams, operational guides and methodology documentation.
You have these:
- Have 4-8 years experience in software development leading engendering teams
- Skill in developing and implementing ETL
- Fluent on Ruby on Rails , Python go, or R
- Have worked on AWS, GCP or Azure infrastructure.
- General knowledge of web tech stack (mostly HTTP) and webservices
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum – Portuguese a plus
We’d love if you also had these:
- Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
- Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org