Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands in Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 6 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD, and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The data & tech team is responsible for the services, software and tools that contain the business data. We create a suite of tools to boost the pillars of the company and help them take data-driven decisions. We are a technical and analytical team of engineers and scientists that are passionate about data, we believe in creating self-service software with a robust microservice architecture to help drive the business in the most effective and innovative way.
Role for You
You enjoy coding and are able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design, Reporting to the Head of Technology.
- Full software lifecycle: requirements gathering, analysis, solution design, development, code reviews, test automation, and implementation using Agile methodologies.
- Review and provide feedback on other developer’s code.
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Mentor and train junior/associate level software developers
You have these:
- 4-5 or more years experience in software development.
- 2-5 Years experience on Ruby and Rails, Python, Django, go, or R
- Good knowledge with creating and maintaining REST API.
- Have worked on AWS, GCP or Azure infrastructure.
- General knowledge of web tech stack (mostly HTTP) and webservices
- Scrum/Agile development experience is a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum – Portuguese a plus
We’d love if you also had these:
- Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
- Work on disruptive products that’s still in its early stages
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
- Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!
We want to find people who believe in our mission and feel inspired enough to grow with the company, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com