Merchant Lead, Transformation
Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands in Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 6 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD, and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The transformation team is the main point of contact (POC) for our merchants. The Merchant Board of Directors mission is to help prepare key insights, analysis and materials for the regular BOD meetings.We coordinate all merchant facing relationships. We have a Service Mindset focused on Customer Service, we know how to manage relationships with merchants & management teams to carry on expectations to facilitate success.
Role for You
You are very organized with strong communication skills , tech savvy who can coordinate high performance teams. The Merchant lead must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and is expected to be highly collaborative, able to handle a large workload. We are currently working remotely, so the only limitation is for you to be in a similar time zone. Being in/around or willing to move to Mexico City can be a plus
- POC: Be the main point of contact (POC) for your merchant. The objective is to be the interlocutor or at least copied in all conversations with Merama
- Business Plan process leader: Coordinate business planning process (discovery, ideation, initiative sizing, business plan creation, governance setup, execution start)
- Merchant expert: Immerse yourself completely in the business: understand their category, business processes, team structure, systems and major opportunities
- Project manager for Growth: Interface and coordinate between the merchant and Merama team to create action plans, mobilize the necessary resources to hit our agreed business objectives. Vouch for the merchant and create healthy tension internally in Merama wherever necessary.
- Oversight of Inputs: Define and track KPIs to ensure the best Selection, Availability, Pricing and Customer Experience across marketplaces for your merchant.
- TBC: P&L “owner” for the merchant: you should keep an oversight of your merchant’s top-line and P&L evolution. Create or coordinate weekly progress reports.
You have these:
- Have 4-8 years of experience in E-commerce, Tech related company or in a Consulting Firm
- Have negotiated complex deals in the past
- Have an MBA or similar business background
- Are results and data-driven, and are able to work towards results in autonomous and independent manner
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum – Portuguese a plus
We’d love if you also had these:
- Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities.
- Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com