Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 6 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The International Expansion team is responsible for creating strategic thinking that fuels the expansion for our top sellers. We are experts in managing international expansion for our brands across markets using our team’s key network and expertise to execute quickly. The team is as strategic as it is creative to solve problems. We thrive on ambition, open-mind and collaboration – within the team and across departments..
ROLE FOR YOU
The Import and Export Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliant import and export activities. This includes, without limitation, adherence to applicable Brazilian laws and regulations pertaining to international trade as well as logistics.
- Contribute to the International team with building the Import Supply Chain
- Generate and revise the costing sheets to asses the import feasibility of each project (Taxes calculation and import costs)
- Collaborate with the team to build the Import (& Export) Playbook with each project
- Help to develop and assess customs and logistics service providers
- Review and ensure quotations and offers given by logistics providers meet our needs with each project
- Monitor Free Trade Agreements and Duty Reduction Programs (inter state and Brazil as a whole) to ensure they are fully utilized and that legal requirements are met
- Help reviewing certificate of origin (if anytime applicable)
- Collaborate with the team members and others in order to provide guidance on best practices for import and export
- Provide information to our different logistics partners and follow-up to complete the importation process successfully
- Prepare the documentation to obtain the compliance certificate of the products when applicable (INMETRO and others)
Qualifications You have these:
- Have 4-8 years experience in logistics, operations & foreign trade
- Fluent in english (Spanish is a plus)
- Experience in negotiating with forwarders and customs suppliers
- Have worked with Direct Importation and Trading Companies
- Knowledge in the process of Radar obteinance, import licenses and other permits
- Excel intermediate
We’d love if you also had these:
- Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
- Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com