Head of International Expansion, United States
We are building the largest e-commerce product company in LatAm!
Merama becomes a stakeholder in the leading product brands across categories in Latin America with an online-presence, invests millions of dollars of working capital, and works together with the teams to grow and expand across LatAm. We are armed with $160MM in funding, an extraordinary team and very ambitious goals to transform our partners into the biggest retailers in LatAm. Come join us!
The International team is responsible for creating strategic thinking that fuels the expansion for our top sellers. We are experts in managing international expansion for our brands across markets using our team’s key network and expertise to execute quickly. The team is as strategic as it is creative to solve problems. We thrive on ambition, open-mind and collaboration – within the team and across departments.
We are looking for an ambitious leader to spearhead our US Expansion efforts.
Your mission is to:
- Head go-to-market and commercialization of our merchant’s products within US 1P and 3P touchpoints.
- Supplement a deep understanding of our merchants with robust market research and routine performance monitoring to propose and drive an expansion plan which represents their unique needs – be it guiding their entry in the US market for the first time, expanding the products they sell in the US, or even recommending that US expansion does not make sense at this time.
- Utilize your market and industry experience to build and evangelize a best practices “playbook” for our foray into the United States
- Drive large-scale cross functional efforts to launch, maintain + scale merchant products in the United States
- Serve as Merama’s primary POC re: US Expansion for our merchants
- Establish relationships with key marketplace and retail operators in the US
You will be a good fit if you:
- Have experience with marketplace or e-commerce dynamics
- Have a strong familiarity with the US market
- Are highly data-driven, with a track record of using data (A/B testing, modeling, etc.) to make difficult decisions
- Have exceptional oral and written communication: you are just as comfortable (and just as excited!) advising our executive team on strategy as you working to implement it alongside one of our merchant’s new hires
- Have 5+ years of experience in management consulting, product management, or investment banking
- Are an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in ambiguity: 0 to 1 excites you
- Have a deep sense of empathy which shines through in everything you do
- Location: Mexico or willing to relocate
- Availability for travelling (15%)
Let’s definitely talk if you:
- Are fluent in Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
- Have directly managed a team before
- Have launched or managed a brand successfully in the United States before
- Have previous experience in International Logistics or Cross-border trade
If interested, send your resume to: email@example.com
For additional information please visit: Merama.io | Instagram: @merama.io | LinkedIn
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org