Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands in Latin America. Our business model is to selectively partner with leading e-commerce merchants across the region by acquiring a controlling stake and then scaling the company working alongside the original entrepreneurs as true partners. We do that by deploying our team, capital, and technology to create sustained hypergrowth in their business and transform them into the new generation of outstanding product brands.
Our company was founded 9 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs, e-commerce experts, former consultants, marketers, tech and logistics professionals. So far we have raised 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
ROLE FOR YOU
Your mission is to maximize the value Merama adds to each of our brands by managing the team that coordinates all merchant facing relationships, business plan creation and implementation of initiatives for all of our brands. Ultimately, you will own the consolidated P&L of all brands within Spanish-speaking LatAm for Merama.
In this role, you will set the vision and processes for the team of “merchant leads” – a group of high-performing individuals who act as end-to-end owners, POCs and project managers for each of our brands within Merama. Together, you will define priorities for our brands and work alongside the C-Suite of our merchants to ensure their growth and successful transformation.
You will be in a unique leadership position, with a complete oversight and control over all ongoing improvement initiatives and brand P&Ls.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving the discovery and strategy building process for each brand
- Guiding the merchant leads in their work and professional development
- Defining the KPIs for each brand, the inputs and outputs to track, and working with the Data and Analytics team to provide visibility into the business
- Coordinating between Merama’s Growth team, the merchant leads that report to you and our brands’ management and operational teams
- Aggregating learnings and insights from our experiences working with brands to inform necessary decisions about structure and capabilities required by our internal team
- Plan an active role as part of Merama’s executive team, taking part in strategic decision-making for the company, based on your keen understanding of all our brands
You will be a good fit if you:
- Have 6+ years of relevant work experience overall, including: 2+ years in Consulting roles, ideally in Manager roles transformation projects. Additional experience in E-commerce, tech companies or entrepreneurship specifically in LatAm is a strong plus.
- Strong communicator: adept at building relationships, able to influence seasoned executives, develop and present business cases effectively and also be assertive when needed.
- Team management: have a track record of successfully managing large teams of high performers towards challenging objectives, across multiple simultaneous projects involving several stakeholders.
- Strategic vision + tactical ability: are able to define and communicate a coherent strategy, build consensus around it and bring the plans to life by pinning down the tactical implementation. You are not afraid of getting down into the details to problem-solve alongside your team.
- Analytical and data-driven: you understand the metrics that matter for e-commerce and each business, quickly identifying key levers for each P&L within our portfolio of brands.
Let’s definitely talk if you:
- Have past experience working with E-commerce and gets excited about the endless opportunities in this industry
- Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
- Want to build something massive!
- Hold an MBA or similar degree from a top-tier university
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English at minimum – Portuguese a plus
- Location: Currently working remotely, but preferably in/around/can travel regularly or relocate to Mexico City over the next few months
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com