Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands in Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and fuel hypergrowth with our team, capital, and technology. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, we are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 8 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
The data & tech team is responsible for the services, software and tools that contain the business data. We create a suite of tools to boost the pillars of the company and help them make data driven decisions. We are a technical and analytical team of engineers and scientists that are passionate about data. We believe in creating self-service software with a robust microservice architecture to help drive the business in the most effective and innovative way.
Role for You
You are passionate about data and have a business oriented mindset, you enjoy analyzing data and delivering new insights from scratch. You think outside the box and constantly challenge the status quo of things. You are structured, organized and have great people skills
- Delivery data-driven insights to business units.
- Support data driven discussions within your squad, chapter and business partners.
- Ability to leverage technical knowledge to develop data analytics solutions.
- Ensure compliance with established architecture, design patterns, policies, standards and best practices.
- A/B Tests definition, setup and interpretation.
- Advocate for the data-driven culture inside our organization and business partners.
- Work closely with data scientists, business analysts and other engineers to improve our analytics-ready data layer.
You have these:
- Have 2+ years experience as a data analyst or related experience.
- Pragmatic data-driven problem solver.
- Data storytelling skills with BI tools, preferably Tableau.
- Fluent on Python, R or Scala.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Familiar with A/B testing and related statistics.
- Have worked on AWS, GCP or Azure infrastructure.
- Comfortable working inside a multidisciplinary squad with tech and non-tech resources.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data solutions.
- Experience with e-Commerce is a plus.
- Advanced working knowledge of Portuguese and English at minimum – Spanish is a plus.
We’d love if you also had these:
● Are excited about E-commerce and the endless opportunities in this industry
● Are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment close to outstanding professionals with deep human qualities
● Are focused on the good on the team and company first, and just want to build something massive!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com