Commercial Intelligence Analyst
Merama is seeking to become the best and largest online group of brands Latin America. Our business model is to partner with the leading merchants across Latin America (currently they are focused on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile) and with our team, capital, and technology to fuel additional hypergrowth. Unlike the dozens of Amazon aggregators that have popped up over the past few years, Merama is solely focused on Latin America, works with very few partners, and does not purchase companies outright. Instead, they are focused on identifying the top few companies in certain major categories and selectively partnering with the best by purchasing a stake in their business. Our company was founded 6 months ago by a group of entrepreneurs and former consultants, marketers, logistics professionals and e-commerce experts. We recently announced our Series A fundraise of 160M USD and we seek to change the E-commerce landscape in LATAM.
Your mission is to manage and be the owner of the data of market behavior. You will set the vision for the Commercial Intelligence team and work alongside the Merchants, providing data for product development, category management and international expansion.
You will centralize Market Data and structure analysis so each Merchant has a clear Business Plan where Merama can add value. We want data-driven decisions to have a clear understanding of the market behavior that will help us decide on which categories/countries to invest in.
- Conduct user and market research: Present weekly analysis based on category market trends and collaborate with our Commercial Intelligence team on strategy and implementation.
- Establish visibility & monitoring: Tracking and reporting capabilities to develop a professional knowledge of new or emerging market trends per country, per channel and per category, to keep our merchants up to date on best practices and detect opportunities.
- Drive continuous performance insights: Collaborate cross-functionally with Merama teams, providing quarterly and monthly reports, insights and data based analysis on business goals for each brand.
- Ad-hoc strategic projects: Lead and participate in projects in the area through the generation of inputs and recommendations, based on data analysis reports, for compliance with the strategy of Merama’s teams and with our sellers.
You have these:
- Have a complete Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or Industrial Engineering.
- Have 2+ years of experience in Product, Strategy planning or project roles with business impact.
- Perfect handling of Excel, Sheets and databases. Being considered a differential, the domain of Tableau and Power BI.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative market analysis tools, such as Kantar, Nielsen, GfK, Euromonitor, Statista, Nubimetrics, Real Trends, Helium10, etc., to make strategic business recommendations.
- Proven ability to synthesize disparate information and analyses effectively into clear recommendations to drive impact and forward-thinking strategy.
- Are results and data-driven, and are able to work towards results in an autonomous and independent manner.
- Engaged by a highly productive and cross-functional environment in which you can influence and produce tangible results, driving value to the business through process improvement.
We’d love if you also had these:
- Advanced working knowledge of Spanish and English.
- Location: we are currently working remotely, so the only limitation is for you to be in a similar time zone. Being in/around or willing to move to Mexico City can be a plus.
- Have knowledge of E-commerce and marketplaces.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com